Saturday 17 May 2014

I Am Trying Really Hard

Note: This post is how I am trying to get over my ex, I as in me myself and I. It is not how TO get over an ex. You may disagree with how I did it, call me dramatic, foolish, pathetic, silly or whatever.
But if you have ever had your heart broken, you would know that when it comes to the matters of the heart, one can only hope, pray and wish for the best.
Indeed time heals all wounds, but even wounds leave scars my friend. So pardon me if this post sounds depressing because the last time I checked I was still heartbroken, not suffering from brain damage.
Do try to read each and every word before jumping into conclusions, be warned that it is a pretty long post.

This post is not about airing our dirty linen in public. So if you want to know why we broke up, I am sorry but I repeat, this is not about making him look like the bad guy. A lot of dark secrets would be dug out and that would be wrong of me to do so.

We have been together for more than a year now, but yesterday would have been official.



1. I Grieved.

There is no denial stage or whatever, I just jumped right into grieving. If you are going through a break up now, grieve. Let it all out, cry till your eyes are bloody swollen, cry yourself to sleep, cry till your lips crack and mouth runs dry, cry till your ribs ache. Because what I did which I found out afterwards, couldn't be anymore wrong. I thought I could fight it. Fight the anger, fight the loss, fight the pain and lastly fight the tears.

We broke up about a month before my finals. I hung tough, undefeated for a good 3 weeks which I actually pride myself for. But girls, you know how we are. We have the tendency to drift in and out.

One moment we will feel that our world is crashing down on us, another moment we are on our high horses going bleh it is his loss. One moment we will feel fucking hurt and sore about having to be put through this bullshit, another moment we want to show them how great our life will be without them. One moment we will be in distraught suffering a mental break down, another moment we are out with our girlfriends getting high and drunk. You get my point.

But I swear to god, when it hit me, it hit me real bad. Just 1 more week to finals and I was a complete utter disaster. My notes had wet patches, I wasn't in a right frame of mind. I was not allowed to grieve because I had no time. I would talk to my friends and my tops would be damp. It was a fucking emotional turmoil. My finals dragged on for another 3 weeks and this entire month drained me. Thank god for my family and friends, thank god for you all. Thank god.

So, grieve. Do understand that this is inevitable, but I promise you after the grieving stage is where you will start to see light, a glimmer of hope. Jocelyn always remind me to take baby steps, and that nobody is rushing me. She is right because no matter how slow you are moving, it beats self-pitying anytime. Laura said 'It gets easier y'know, especially if you found a reason to leave.' I am sticking to it.



2. I Refrained From (His) Social Media

Oh this is the tricky part. Actually literally anything that reminded me of him. I deleted our pictures on Facebook, I took down our photos from every corner of my house. If you have been to my place, you will know that our photographs are everywhere. I am not kidding, everywhere. I cried while taking them down. I remember when each and every picture was taken.

I know he reads my Twitter. Slowly but surely I started posting lesser and lesser things. I needed to let go. Even till today, I still struggle with this because the things people post are just too fucking apt. So what did I do? As stated in my previous post, 'I killed twitter.' Yeah I have stopped using twitter. It is hard, but I got to do what I got to do. If you are wondering why our pictures are still on Instagram, hang on a second keep reading..



3. I Did Something Crazy. Something Few Agreed With. I Attempted to Re-Write Memories.

Yes. Overlap memories. It means doing whatever YK and I have done, places that Yk and I have been, again. Just that this time, I am standing solo.

This is madness and I would not recommend anybody to do the same, it is equivalent to pouring salt on wound. But then again who is to say what after my break up. Really, it could only be both extremes. You either go Taylor Swiftish or Miley Cyrusish. I was a mixture of both and a tinge of suicidish. Not killing myself physically-suicidal but THIS is pretty much emotionally-suicidal. (If you read my previous post, shit went wrong when I had suicidal thoughts..)

16th May, Friday, Supposedly Our One Year Anniversary

I looked through our pictures on Instagram and I realised I could never finish all in a day. I have never done sooo many things with anyone in my life (excluding my mummy duh). For example, we had staycations and I am not rich enough to book the same hotels just to sleep alone for one night. Lol.

Just this year alone, (I started blogging since 2nd Jan, 2014) countless of posts were about and with him. Happy scrolling and reading if you want to. From the surprise romantic dinner I planned for him, to saturdates, to CNY, to my 21st birthday partiesss, to his 21st birthday oh my god. Of course I wish to still do things with him, like catch the upcoming movie The Fault In Our Stars etc. But I know it is impossible okay? I know I know. 

Everywhere reminds me of him, it was insane. I decided on these few places, when we were actually happy together sometime last year.



Ready to go around Singapore on my own! I swear I was being judged like crazy taking selfies in public, alone. HAHA

i. Ice Skating @ Jcube


Our first secret underground date. Haha and now it is just me:


I am getting better at this haha I should be a figure skater!

ii. His First Book Out



For 16 weeks of his BMT, I sent him back to Pasir Ris every Sunday no less than 10 times and take the train back home to CCK myself. I was happy and willing. 1.5hrs journey home meant I had extra 0.5 hour bus ride with him from Yishun to Pasir Ris. It was worth it. Given today's circumstances, I would still have done the same.

And now it is just me:




Army boys would know which part of Pasir Ris Interchange I am standing at.

I am not going to lie, I feel extremely sore about dating army boys now. Okay let me explain myself before some readers start getting defensive.

Every Singaporean son only need to serve once, I have served twice. Yes, both relationships are longer than a year each. I am not going to drag down my previous ex, we are still friends and he will forever have a special place in my heart.

But what I cannot understand is how things change so drastically. (兵变?) How desperate they needed you for you were their anchor during the toughest period of their life - the initial weeks in BMT. You were all they had left, so they cling onto you for emotional support. Which is fine because of love and all, I wanted to be there for them. I was there when they were both botaks, I adjusted my schedules to fit theirs and placed them before myself. Then they had more and more book outs during unit placing (YK even better everyday book out). Suddenly I felt even more alone than when they were in confinement. It was as if I am, unwanted. All those broken promises.. Countless.

Now both of them are enjoying their life (E is studying overseas), both are looking good and here I am left all alone, feeling unappreciated and taken forgranted. I do not know how to explain myself because this will end up linking to why YK and I broke up which is not for me to say here (maybe one day, just not today) so just take it as long story uh this one. But it is bloody frustrating because I have friends that treat their boyfriends like shit and their boyfriends still places them on the pedestal. I treat my boyfriends like god and instead I am being treated like crap. Maybe it is just me, maybe I am not good enough, maybe I just need to find one who is worthy of my love. Or maybe, boys are just weird creatures. I need a man, not a boy.

Of course there are exceptional ones, my girlfriend's army boyfriend really up there, I clap for him really. I hope I will receive their wedding invite though. Their love gives me hope :')

iii. Surprise Picnic @ Marina Barrage



It was raining so I was not able to take a photo, this needs to be UPDATED..

iv. 100 Days Surprise @ Clarke Quay SOHO 1


Is it a sign? We are moving out of the apartment in about 2 weeks time. Everything shall stay, together with the memories..

And now it is just me:


I am not going to lie, this is an old picture. I do not have anyone to help take a newer photo for me.

v. POP LO @ Floating Platform, His 1 Week Block Leave To BKK



Of course I would not just buy air tickets for this post, so airport shot with just me it shall be then:



I did not cheat! I really went to T2 departure hall okay..


OMG. Apparently you can go straight to T2 from the Mrt station? Why did I have to take te sky train? WTS. I'm a tourist in my own country. Hahaha


I got a customer service personnel who has a chronic bitch face to take a photo for me.

vi. Last Christmas (pun intended)



And now it is just.. WELL CHRISTMAS IS NOT HERE YET. HOW TO TAKE A PHOTO TO RE WRITE MEMORIES? HAHA.

Nigel said that YK and I look compatible.. Ohwell, everything went downhill from the start of 2014.



4. While I Am Still Getting Over Him, I Started A New Relationship.

Breathe. No, I do not do rebounds because that is just downright heartless to both, yourself and the new guy.

I started a new relationship with myself.

Yes. You read that right. If there is 1 thing I learnt from this failed relationship is that I have been neglecting self love. Earlier on, I said that I have been placing my boyfriend's needs before myself in everything that I do. I forgot what it feels like to live my life for me, myself and I. I have been feeling lousy for a long long time, that I am not good enough for me to even love myself. I am not the invincible bitch face superwoman Sarah that everyone thinks I am or associates me with. I crumble like pastries too. I lost all confidence and now I am walking away with my last bit of dignity left. I am picking up my own pieces and someday, I will be stronger than who I was yesterday. (I am actually starting something life changing and I cannot wait to share with you all 3 months later!)

I am blessed in my own ways. My mummy drilled this in my head since young 'If you can't even love yourself, how do you expect anyone to love you.' Guess what, even when I was unlovable, I still have ___ waiting to love me when I am ready to love again. (No, I am not trying to be coy but I really cannot put their initials up okay.) I am a lucky girl I know, I do know that both of you are reading this too. I am sorry but I am not and would not be ready, for a long time to come. Thank you nonetheless, I really truly appreciate what you both have done for me.

(To my friends in a joking tone, fuck you all uh what 2 weeks or 2 months new boyfriend already. Hahaha just fuck you all only.)

Honestly, I am extremely skeptical about falling in love again. To expose myself and be vulnerable all over? No thank you. But I do hope that I would not push the right one away because I still sorta believe that there is someone out there for me. I think he is just stuck in a tree somewhere, poor soul. Hehe



5. Lastly, I Need To Get Over And Move On

I am not a perfect girlfriend, I do not expect myself to be one either. I made my fair share of mistakes too, trust me. Of course I am beyond torn that YK and I would not be able to mark more milestones together for the coming of years. I miss him, I still do. I love him, the old him at least. The him that I first fell in love with.

I admit. I was so hurt, I still am. I did think of revenge like ways to hurt or torture him when I was resentful but I know I must accept this and I wish him all the best. I always remind myself that Pain Is Inevitable, But Misery Is Choice.

I do lapse into all sorts of emotions at times, but recently I am just angry at myself for being stupid for too long. It is amazing how we allow ourselves to accept so much bullshit for such a long period of time. When I think about our good old days and I just feel so unjust, unfair. Ughhhhh. All the if only(s). Ohwell. I just want to be all good soon, pretty please?



Thank you for being patient and reading word for word if you have done so. Thank you :) To anyone else who is going through a rough patch in life, you will be okay and trust me, you will be where you need to be somehow. Just remember Sarah said this 'Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, sometimes in the middle of nowhere is where you will find yourself' <3






Rilakkuma was our thing. I bought a set of two onesies. My initial plan was for him to feel like he was hugging me when he hugs the Rilakkuma bolster at home. Oh well.. Hahaha still cute right. Well at least many said that it IS cute. (Blogger changed the colour of my photo! Why got green blue all so ugly..)



This is going to be the last post about YK, or this breakup. I just wanna be left alone to heal now. I do not know how he is going to feel about this, but this is MY blog.

43 comments:

  1. Chill up k... i believe there is a whole lots of macho men not boys awaiting you around at some part of the world. Smile on and be happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! Hahaha it means a lot, really :)

      Delete
  2. You'll be fine, up and about in no time! Stay strong girl! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, take your time to grieve & heal... everything will get better.. abba & your mummy will be there for you..

    you will come out of it strong & well.. hug hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinne jiejie! Mummy told me you teared! Don't worry, I'll be okay soon enough!

      Delete
  4. saw someone sharing your post on fb. just a thought, you've done well for your part as a girlfriend, its just that the guy doesn't really appreciate. stay strong and have faith. (p.s. not all army guys are like that) but well, once bitten twice shy. You'll meet a better guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) OMG I wonder how far this post has spreaded! Nonetheless thank you for your support. I am taking baby steps and I know I'll be good all over again. I know not all army guys are like that, I did post a paragraph of my friend's army boyfriend :)

      Delete
  5. Stay strong and optimistic! I saw ur post thru FB too, *HUGS!*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jie rui! Thank you for commenting! Yes I'm staying strong and I'm always optimistic :) wow, I didn't know it has been passed so far already! Thank you *hugs*

      Delete
  6. Saw your post through twitter~
    Stay strong girl! There're plenty of good guys out there :) take your time and heal up for now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWITTER?!?! Wow. Haha thank you for dropping a comment! It means a lot. Yes I still believe there are good guys out there, Joel. I'm taking baby steps. Slowly but surely :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Edmund! I will never walk alone! *muscles emoji*

      Delete
  8. Do cheer up!
    Life is filled with many colors!
    Lives the colors and don't allow the hurdles along your way to stop you from moving!
    Believe in yourself!
    You are one brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Benjamin! Thank you for your encouragement! I will get there someday, don't you worry about me :) thank you thank you thank you!

      Delete
  9. Firstly, good post. It was definitely and interesting read. And secondly, I hope you notice how strong you are for being able to learn so much through the experience that you've gone through. Not many will be able to do what you're doing. I hope you do not lose faith in humanity (especially guys lol). Keep Calm and Stay Strong!

    -Random reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI JOHN! NO I HAVENT LOST FAITH IN GUYS. HAHA! :) thank you for reading and thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  10. You're pretty, many guys will be after you :) !!! im attracted to you already. anyws good luck!! and live your life~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jason! Haha thank you for your compliment but I'm not pretty uh! :) thank you for your support!

      Delete
  11. Just give it the last farewell smile and move on ... This year it did not went smooth for me either but oh well... I went through the hell I believe when stormy weathers are over the little sun will come out and things will start to be better ... jia youz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay, yes I'm moving on already! I know I can do this, thank you for your encouragement! Babe steps baby steps! jiayou okay, this year hasn't ended!

      Delete
  12. I feel how you feel babe. I've been through the same thing as you, just that mind is almost a 2 years relationship. Since the start of May, I go through all that you have gone through. From tears to a sea of tears. Haha. But we will be fine, we are strong, so we shall let time heal all. All the best ! 加油!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline! Thank you for leaving a comment, and yes! Time does wonders! Trust me, you will be able to get over it and move on soon :) I know we can do it! Jiayou!

      Delete
  13. Hihi, I'm just someone whom don't know you, but just wanna say You are a pretty and blessed lady. I have been through what you had been through. What you said was so right, "during their first few weeks of BMT and then it just changed drastically and ended up a break up." It's awful I know, but I know that you will overcome it too. Stay strong xx

    -just a random reader. Would be sweet to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Adabelle! Yes it would be nice to make new friends! I know right, it's damn sian the bmt thingy. But it's okay now, it's all over! Thank you pretty girl, I know I'm blessed :)

      Delete
  14. Hey there Sarah, or Faith... Bumped upon your blog through some FB posts. Well, stay strong, and.. love yourself more! (: I'm sure you'll find the right one soon.

    - Alvin -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha hi Alvin, it's Sarah haha. Yes I'm still waiting for the right one to come along, thank you for your support!

      Delete
  15. Hey Sarah,

    Although I don't know you in person, i stumbled upon your blog through some FB post as well. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you right now and I have important exams in a month. I actually did some of the stuff you did (but lucky for me I am studying in a place away from our memories). Wish you all the best in healing and you are a really strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi moon, oh dear I know how you feel. And that sucks :( focus on your exams because that's really important right now okay! Priorities! Hang in there. You can do it!! Jiayouuu

      Delete
  16. Cheer up ! You are a very pretty girl and I believe u can find a better guy ! But u really should be careful , don't pour out your entire heart out on every relationship . Extra 0.5 hours damn tiring one sia but still you did it . But then stay positive lah ! Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi victor! Haha no lah, I'm not pretty. But thank you :) it's actually extra 1.5 hours. HAHAHA. But yeah equally tiring. Yes I know everything is going to be okay! Cheers :) thank you for your support

      Delete
  17. You are so cute!
    Hope you are able to move on asap:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nathaniel, haha thank you. I'm not cute laaa but yes I'm moving on already. Slowly but surely. Thanks once again!

      Delete
  18. Dont worry, you will move on very fast and ofcause meet a better MAN!!! Got good Gf material no need worries cant find a better guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheer up! The grass is always greener on the other side!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Sarah. Kaylan you dont know me but I found your blog thru FB. I currently at the same situation as you now. Facing a break up, I mean like we have the same feeling heart scatter and feeling lost, alone.
    Your post made me think back the good flash I had with my ex. Her name is also about the same as yours. hahaha ='D
    Im like you giving everything we have to the one we love but end up getting crap from them.
    I wish I can learn from you, so strong facing everyday with a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sarah..Saw your post on fb..Even though I have never been in a relationship up to this point of life but i do know the pain of leaving someone that you love so dearly before. Stay strong and do not give up, there are definitely much better guys out there that will appreciate your kind of love. B glad that you love before and use that experience to find a man much more deserving of your love

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stand strong Sarah! My 3 years relationship with my ex wasn't on good terms as well. 3 months had passed since i enlisted and i'm still here trying to fight and be strong as well. It wasn't right and i couldn't let that go because we've been in LDR for close to a year and we've been together for 3 years plus. She just decided to leave about 2 weeks before i enlisted into the army. What i'm saying here is, i feel your pain as well. As a friend, as a senior (Not like i played a big role of being a senior), places where you visited, not a very good idea though cause then memories will come flying back to you. I'll have to admit that you're a strong lady and still am. So hang on to it and i'm sure there will be your Prince Charming whom you shall call "Your only one" soon! :) Jiayou Sarah! :)

    - Kelvin Ng

    ReplyDelete